Halle Debat Ponsan
Renovation of the old market hall and the creation of a hotel (R+9) and two office buildings (R+8)
22 700 m2
Eiffage Immobilier Atlantique
Architect : ANMA – Agence Nicolas Michelet Architecture
Design consultancy : Eiffage Construction (Structure et economiste) ; Vivalto (HQE)
- Design of cladded and glass facades
- Pre-sizing calculations of frameworks and walls
- Principal details of cladded and glass facades
- Drawing up of official documents
- Budget estimates for the facades
THE PROJECT IN DETAIL
This project is part of the renovation of the railway station neighbourhood for the Bordeaux-Euratlantique National Renovation project, implemented by the urban planning and development authority of the same name. When finished it will actively contribute the economic and demographic development brought by the new TGV line which has cut the journey time between Bordeaux and Paris to 2 hours 5 minutes since last July.
Situated in a historical part of Bordeaux, characterised by its former industrial activities, the Debat-Ponsan market hall operation was designed by Nicolas Michelin and Partners architects. It consists of renovating and reconverting the old fortified concrete market hall which dates from 1938, and is an important element of the town’s heritage, and constructing a new 8 storey building of 18,200 m2 with an underground carpark of 150 places.
The finished project will comprise :
- 6 800 m² of shops, split between the old hall (4 500 m²) and the ground floor of the two new buildings (2 300 m²)
- 10 500 m² of office space in two of the three buildings built in the heart of a zone which will become a business park.
- A 4 star hotel with a restaurant and seminar facilities, situated between the old market hall and the two office buildings, with optimum visibility.
We were involved on behalf of Eiffage Immobilier during the design phase, launching the tender bid for choosing the contractors.